Digital marketing spans a plethora of realms, from social media to SEO. With so much information constantly changing every day, we’ve decided to pull together some essential statistics that can help you plan your next website redesign, social media marketing campaign, SEO strategy and more.
Mobile Marketing Statistics
We are slowly beginning to live in a mobile-first society, where almost all our internet surfing is done from the convenience of our smart phones and tablets. Here are some of the latest mobile marketing statistics so that you can use them to inform your business or organization’s mobile marketing strategy.
- Mobile devices and networks are predicted to have the biggest impact on marketing organizations in 2020 (Economist Intelligence Unit)
- 90% of consumers say they prefer to receive a text from a business over a phone call (Finances Online)
- On average, Americans only use about nine apps per day including email, messenger and music (Keap)
- The restaurant industry has seen the most increase in business due to mobile marketing, partially because of the COVID-19 pandemic (Finances Online)
- 57% of users state that they will not recommend business with a poorly designed mobile site (socPub)
Content Marketing Stats
Content marketing is the meat and potatoes of your brand’s stew. It’s crucial to showcase the quality and authenticity of your brand through content, whether it’s visual or text based.
- 42% of B2B marketers feel that they’re effective at content marketing (CMI)
- People retain 65% of the information when paired with imagery, and only 10% without (Brain Rules)
- Gen Z isn’t influenced by ads when making purchases, but rather by other forms of visual content (NewsCred)
- 49% of B2C marketers choose to outsource their content creation (Content Marketing Institute)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
Social Media Marketing Stats
Social media marketing is a multi-channel tactic that – when used right – can increase brand awareness and drive visitors to your digital properties. These statistics can help you get the most out of your business or organization’s social presence.
- Predictive analytics are gaining popularity in forecasting social media strategy trends (Twitter)
- Global social media ad spend reached $84 billion in 2019, outperforming print spending (Zenith Media)
- 79% of internet users in the United States have Facebook accounts, whereas only 32% have Instagram accounts (Ignite Visibility)
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images (Buffer)
- There are 5 billion YouTube videos that are viewed every day (Omnicore)
It’s no mystery that SEO can help your site perform better and rank higher than competitors on Google. But did you know that affect of video on SEO can create a huge impact? Or that people are looking for instant information about locations near them?
- Over 64% of marketers actively invest in search engine optimization (HubSpot)
- 82% of smartphone shoppers conduct ‘near me’ searches (Search Engine Land)
- There are over 79,000 searches per second on Google (Internet Live Saves)
- The first five organic results receive 67% of all clicks (Zero Limit Web)
- Video content is 50x more likely to drive organic search results than plain text (Omnicore)
Email Marketing Statistics
Email marketing is a valuable tool to reach your prospects and customers directly at the various stages of the sales funnel. There’s a reason it’s one of the most commonly used forms of digital marketing for a variety of brands, no matter the industry. Here are some quick facts to prove why you should have a robust email marketing strategy:
- On average, every $1 spent on email marketing results in $44 in ROI (Campaign Monitor)
- Marketers who send emails on Tuesdays get the highest open and click-through rates (Klayvio)
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82% (Oberlo)
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices (Campaign Monitor)
- The number of active email users is forecasted to reach 4.3 billion in 2023 (Oberlo)
Planning Your Digital Strategy
Digital marketing statistics are only as valuable as they assist you with your business or organization’s digital planning and budgeting. To discuss your digital marketing strategies and plans with an expert, reach out to us online.